Spain’s Roger Roca Dalmau has been awarded the 2011 ITU Duathlon World Championship title after Portugal’s Sergio Silva was stripped of his gold medal following an Anti- Doping rule violation in an in-competition doping control test at the 2011 Gijon ITU Duathlon World Championships in Spain. A six-month suspension was imposed on Silva and all ranking points and prize money must be returned.
Subsequently, the results from the elite men’s race have been amended with Roca Dalmau now as the gold medallist, Victor Manuel Del Corral Morales (ESP) will move to silver medal position and Benoit Nicolas (FRA) will be awarded the bronze medal. All other athletes in the 2011 Gijon ITU Duathlon World Championships men’s elite race will also move up one position. All prize money will be adjusted accordingly.
Adjusted 2011 Duathlon World Championship Results
1. Roger Roca Dalmau ESP 01:51:22
2. Victor Manuel Del Corral Morales ESP 01:51:29
3. Benoit Nicolas FRA 01:51:30
4. Sergey Yakovlev RUS 01:51:35
5. Matt Russell USA 01:51:36
6. Richard Hobby GBR 01:51:45
7. Philip Wylie GBR 01:51:47
8. Alessio Picco ITA 01:52:06
9. Ilia Mazhukin RUS 01:52:12
10. Nicolas D’Harveng BEL 01:52:23